Friends of Crowell/Hilaka
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A cold Febuary day

Go down

A cold Febuary day Empty A cold Febuary day

Post  Jessica Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 pm

I still remember going to the cabin at the top of the steep hill and staying for 3 days and 2 nights. As a service project we were chopping firewood for the cabins. We all got on our boots, snowpants, coat, etc. and head out across crowell and to the edge of Hilaka. Now mind this isn't a nice beautiful Febuary day, no never, it was a blistering cold, windy day in the 20's and 10-15 girls, me being one of them, walked for a really long time with my mother (one of our troop leaders) from the edge of one camp to the edge of the other camp. It was so bad outside that we had to end early so that we didnt get frostbit, or sick. Someone was carring the flu virus so my mom, me, and possiblly some other people came home sick. Sadly enough that was my second to last time at Crowell/ Hilaka. I am now a 15-year-old Senior Girl Scout and haven't been back to the Crowell side of the camp since that day about 4 years ago. I now sincerley miss it and wish I could go back and camp just one last time in Amity, the platform tents, or even the cabin on the top of the very steep hill. I wish I wish........... Sad

Jessica

Back to top Go down

A cold Febuary day Empty Re: A cold Febuary day

Post  Barbara Starr Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Please write a letter to GSNEO and tell them you want the camp to stay open. Tell them what you want as a Girl Scout. Fundraising is done for what the girls want. They will listen if enough girls share their feelings.

Barbara Starr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm

okay I'll do that ASAP Very Happy

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: